Scrumptious STrawberry Pie
A recent find, this was a great hit when I took it to a party. Here's the recipe.
Graham cracker crust:
- two sleeves of graham crackers, about 16 to 18
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 6 Tbls unsalted butter, melted
You can use a premade crust but I don't. I use a rolling pin. Fit this into a 9 inch pie pan with a spoon after coating with a baking spray. Then pop it in the oven, 350 for 10 minutes to help set crust. (Not absolutely necessary.) Then I pop it in the freezer to cool while I work on the rest. Or make it the night before.
- one 3-ounce box strawberry jelly
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces Cool Whip topping
- 2 cups fresh strawberries thinly sliced (I kind of dice them)
- strawberries for the top
- pint of whipping cream for the top
1. Boil 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan.
2. Put gelatin in large bowl and add boiling water. Whisk until dissolved and foamy.
3. Let gelatin mixture sit for 10 to 15 minutes to thicken. You can slice the strawberries while you're waiting.
4. Add Cool Whip to gelatin mixture. (I add big spoonful by spoonful.) Whisk together until light and fluffy. Add your cut strawberries. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
5. Add strawberry pie filling to the crust. Refrigerate for eight hours or overnight.
6. Before serving or taking out, whip the whipping cream. (You can use more Cool Whip for this, but I like the taste of real whipping cream.) I add about 1/3 cup or so of powdered sugar to the whipping cream after it's become firm for flavor. Top with halved strawberries before presenting.
You'll love it. Everyone cleaned their plates!
This is easy peasy to put together. You will need:
1 large can pears
1 large can pineapple chunks
1 large (2 small) apricot halves
1 large can peaches
Drain fruit night before. Cut them to preferred size.
On day of...combine one stick of butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tsp curry powder. Heat then pour over fruit.
Cook 1 1/2 hr at 325 degrees
This works great in a pyrex dish for buffets or serving.
Other Great Recipe....